4727 N. Hwy. A1A, Vero Beach, FL 32963

fax 772-231-4435

Simple divorce/Simplified Dissolution of Marriage

Simple divorce Simplified Dissolution of Marriage Lawyer vero beach florida 32963

Simple divorce/Simplified Dissolution of Marriage

divorce law vero beach

What is a simplified divorce?

In Florida divorce is known as “Dissolution of Marriage.”  A “Simplified Dissolution Procedure” is a procedure people can use to get divorced in Florida if they have no other issues for the court to decide other than their divorce:  no children and no property to be divided.

Can I get a simplified divorce?

You may be able to get a simplified dissolution of marriage if you and/or your spouse have lived in Florida for at least 6 months and if all of the following are true:

  • You and your spouse agree that the marriage is “irretrievably broken” and cannot be saved.
  • You and your spouse have no minor or dependent child(ren) together (whether they were born before your marriage, during your marriage, or after you were separated) and neither of you is now pregnant.
  • You and your spouse have worked out how the two of you will divide the things that you both own (your marital assets) and who will pay what part of the money you both owe (your marital liabilities).
  • You accept that you will lose your property if your spouse does not follow through with your agreement to divide your property.
  • Note: a pension is property.  If either spouse expects to receive part of the other’s pension a simplified dissolution is not the right procedure to use.
  • You do not want support (alimony) from your spouse and your spouse does not want support from you.
  • Neither you nor your spouse wish to have any financial information other than what is in the financial affidavits.
  • You are willing to give up your rights to trial and appeal.
  • You and your spouse are both willing to go into the clerk’s office to sign the petition (not necessarily together).
  • You and your spouse are both willing to go to the final hearing (at the same time).

How do I get a simplified divorce?

If you are interested in talking to The Law Offices of Jennifer D. Peshke, P.A. about your divorce options, and the process to get a simplified divorce, please contact us at: 772-231-1233 to schedule a consultation with our family law attorney.  Our attorneys can advise you on your legal options as it relates to your family law matter.

Call Now ButtonCALL NOW!